Universal Traveler

Just a dude with a backpack, a plane ticket, and a nasty case of intercontinental wanderlust.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Universal Reader's Poll: To beard, or not to beard?

As certain detail-oriented readers may have noticed from the pictures I've posted, I've been growing a bit of a beard over the past month or so. It was essentially an issue of curiosity, as I had never really tried growing one before. The only time when I came close was when I decided to stop shaving during my Spring Break Breckenridge ski trip of 2003. The result of that brief foray was termed "the Grizzly Adams look" by Jon Crilly.

Well, I figured that a multi-week jaunt through the Norwegian wilderness would be the perfect time to really give this beard thing a shot, as there wouldn't be many people around to make snide remarks (in Norwegian) about my shabby appearance, and even if they did, I would be too tired to care. Plus, a scraggly beard fits the "mountain man" persona quite well, I've discovered.

Anyways, here's how the beard looks at the moment:

Personally, I'm getting kind of sick of it (I think it makes me look like a goddamn bum) and I have a good mind just to take the whole thing off, but I wanted to turn the question over to my loyal readership first. So, beard or no beard? Leave a comment and throw in your two cents. Feel free to type "Anonymous" in the name field if you like (you cowards).

Now is the time to let your voice be heard! Excercise your God-given right to comment on my facial hair! Rock the vote!