Universal Traveler

Just a dude with a backpack, a plane ticket, and a nasty case of intercontinental wanderlust.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Update: The Great No-TV Experiment

Time for a status report. I am a little over a week into The Experiment, and doing well so far. My vitals remain at acceptable levels and I am in good spirits.

A crisis was narrowly averted last night when, for some unknown reason, I experienced a prolonged internet outage. Faced with the total absence of electronic entertainment, I began suffering classic withdrawal symptoms immediately (quickened pulse, sweaty palms, screaming profanities, cowering in fetal position, etc.). Eventually I realized that I still had a couple DVDs left over from my mass liquidation binge and happily settled in for an emergency screening of Being John Malkovich on my Cerner-issued laptop.

Now that my internet connection has been restored, prognosis for the remainder of the test period appears to be good. Updates to follow.