Universal Traveler

Just a dude with a backpack, a plane ticket, and a nasty case of intercontinental wanderlust.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Almost cut my hair...

...well, actually, I really did cut it. Almost all of it. And it feels kind of weird, maybe because I haven't had it cut this short since I was 8 years old.

Perhaps this makes me neurotic or high-maintenance, but I had an intense internal debate over how I wanted to wear my hair while traveling. I was torn between two extremes. On one hand, I was considering growing it out and getting in touch with my hippie side. On the other, I thought I might just shave it all off in the name of expediency.

In the end, I figured that having long hair would just be a pain in the ass. I pictured myself emerging from the forest, having just finished an 8-day hike, and finding a set of, nasty, funk-ridden dreadlocks where my luscious locks used to be. Needless to say, the thought was too much to bear.

So, overcome by curiosity, I decided to head over to my friendly neighborhood Great Clips and reacquaint myself with the shape of my skull. Here are the results:

Whoops, wrong picture...

That's better, although I hope I'm not the only one who notices the striking resemblance between Kojak and myself.