Universal Traveler

Just a dude with a backpack, a plane ticket, and a nasty case of intercontinental wanderlust.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Random Photos

Introducing: Blue Steel, the Wonder Car:

In this photo, Hopie and I happened across a lost band of hungry, dehydrated hikers who had been living off of tree bark and moss for the past ten days. In an effort to summon a rescue party from a village across the sound, I removed my shirt, exposing my alabaster skin and directing a high-intensity light reflection at the town, much like the Bat-signal. A rescue helicopter arrived shortly thereafter, and I was awarded the NZ equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor. Then again, maybe I was just cooling off after hiking up to Eatwell's Lookout on the Queen Charlotte track. I like the first account better:

A view of the Marlborough Sound region from Eatwell's Lookout: